on mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution:
6 March 1944 in Edwardów.
2. Type of execution (by shooting, by hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: Five people.
The victims were brought in from: Local residents from Edwardów.
Surname, age, occupation, address:
|1)||Jan Urbański, 60 years old,|
|2)||Wiktoria Urbańska, 55 years old,|
|3)||Józef Siwiec, 35 years old,|
|4)||Aniela Siwiec, 28 years old,|
|5)||Józef Gołąbek, 22 years old.|
[All of them] farmers.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
The execution was carried out in retaliation for the killing of two blue police officers in
Edwardów by the partisans.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmerie, Gestapo, SS, police, Wehrmacht)?
Gendarmerie officers from the District Police Headquarters in Radom.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (please provide the surnames)?
First – Hauptmann, Wichern – Oberleutnant, Gapiński – Hauptmann Meister, Osterbart
– Wachtmeister, Köbel – Wachtmeister, Falsgraft – Meister.
7. Were the corpses burned or destroyed in any other way?
The corpses were buried on the property of the Urbański family and after 15 January
1945 they were transferred and buried at the cemetery in Skaryszew.
8. Where were the corpses buried (exact location)?
At the parish cemetery in Skaryszew.
9. Description of the grave(s) (size, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
10. Was there an official exhumation? Were the corpses buried officially, and if so, where?
There was no exhumation.
11. Are there any grounds for exhumation in the future?
On 2 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Aleksander Barszcz, the head of the Skaryszew Commune, with the Municipal Court in Radom.