concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Śladków Duży
1. Date and place of execution:
5 August 1943, Śladków Duży (Miławka).
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 23 people
The victims were brought in from: The communes of Drzegnia [?] and Maleszowa.
Surname, age, occupation, address: There are no data.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
It is unknown.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
Gendarmerie from the station in Chmielnik and a special penal unit.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
Oberleutnant Hilke, gendarme Świątek, Orłowski, Krauze.
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
They were buried in two pits: 17 people in one and 6 people in the other.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In the fields of Miławka, by the Chmielnik–Śladków Duży road.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
Two pits: 17 people in one and 6 people in the other.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 27 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Chmielnik commune, Adam Banaś, with the Municipal Court in Chmielnik.