On 10 December 1945, in Radom, Kazimierz Borys, Investigating Judge from the Second District of the District Court in Radom, based in Radom, interviewed the person named below as an unsworn witness. Having been advised of the criminal liability for making false declarations, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Eugenia Jastrzębska
Age 39 years old
Names of parents Antoni and Barbara
Place of residence Radom, Strzelecka Street 21
Occupation laborer at the Arms Factory
Religious affiliation Roman Catholic
Criminal record none
Relationship to the parties none
On 14 October 1942, my husband, Stanisław Jastrzębski, born on 29 April 1909 in Radom,

a locksmith by profession, was executed by the Germans on the gallows set up near the Arms Factory in Radom.

The circumstances in which my husband died were as follows: my husband was a work leader at the Arms Factory in Radom. We worked together at the same division. On 25 September 1942 at 6.30 p.m., he was called to the factory office. When, after a few minutes, I went downstairs to find out what was going on, I saw him in the company of the factory’s commissar, a German called Beich. My husband went into the office and I was waiting for him to return for about an hour, but in vain. Because several dozen people had been taken from the Arms Factory in similar circumstances, I guessed that he must have been arrested as well.

A week later, when I went to the prison to give him a package, I was given his dirty underwear and I knew for sure that he had been arrested. I didn’t receive any message from him.

On 14 October 1942, while working at the factory, I heard the noise of axe blows. My friends told me that the gallows were being erected nearby. Because my husband’s brother, Władysław Jastrzębski, whom the Germans had arrested on the same day as my husband and who also worked at the factory, had been executed on the gallows by the Kielce road in Radom the day before, I guessed that all the other factory workers arrested by the Germans, including my husband, were about to be executed. I didn’t have the strength to watch him and his comrades die. On my way out of the factory I saw the men hanging, but I didn’t take a closer look at them. But my son Ryszard, sixteen years old, and my husband’s sister Maria Jastrzębska, who lives in Radom at Strzelecka Street 21, witnessed the execution. The hanging wasn’t carried out in my son’s presence. He arrived at the execution site when the convicts were already dead, but he saw my husband hanging from the gallows. My husband was hanged eleventh.

I don’t know why he was arrested. Nor do I know where his body was buried.

Present at the execution site near the Kielce road, where my husband’s brother, Władysław Jastrzębski, was executed, were: Władysław Jastrzębski’s mother, Józefa Jastrzębska, and his brother, Jan Jastrzębski, who live in Radom at Strzelecka Street 21. They were there right after the execution.

In November 1942, I received my husband’s death certificate from the German police office in Radom.

The witness is presenting the certificate in German, issued on 18 November 1942 by Radom’s Stadthauptmann. The certificate’s copy is attached to the report.

Having been shown a photograph of the fifteen people hanging from the gallows near the Arms Factory, the witness testified as follows:

"I certainly recognize my husband. He is eleventh from the right or fifth from the left".

The report was read out.