On 11 November 1947, in Radom, Attorney Zygmunt Glogier, a member of the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes, based in Radom, heard the person named below as a witness without an oath. After being informed about the criminal liability for giving false testimony, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Antoni Zając
Age 53
Parents’ names Adam and Marianna née Smajda
Place of residence Moniuszki Street 2b, Radom
Occupation concierge
Criminal record none
Relationship to the parties none

From 1 May 1939, I have worked as a concierge in a house belonging to Bolesław Borkowski at Moniuszki Street 2b in Radom. As I recall, in 1940 the house was taken over by Gestapo officers. I remember the names of some of them. Fuchs occupied flat no. 4, Hering no. 1, Matschke no. 2, Koch and König, Stalński took flat no. 7. I heard that Schröder also lived there, but I don’t remember in which flat. I think that Grätz also lodged there. They all worked in Kosciuszki, and lived on Moniuszki Street. I saw Fuchs and some others wearing helmets, but why they went around like that, I don’t know. Fuchs was often dressed in civilian clothes and a lot of civilians came to him. Fuch’s wife, whom Fuchs married in Radom, was a very bad woman. I remember once she hit her maid, a Polish woman, in the face and she ran away from her. The maid’s name was Staśka and she came from the Sandomierski family. Then Fuchs ordered the Gestapo to search for her and ordered the arrest of her family. Her sister, brother and mother were then arrested—he announced that if [the girl] came back, they would be released from prison. When she came voluntarily to Moniuszki, they sent Stasia to the Gestapo on Kosciuszki Street, from where they took her to prison. She was deported from prison to Germany. Apparently she lives in Gdansk, so I heard from her aunt whose name I don’t remember.

I can’t say anything about the activities of the Gestapo.

This is my testimony.

The report was read out.