In Słupia Nowa on this day, 4 November 1947, at 2.00 p.m., I, officer Stanisław Tomczyk from the Citizens’ Militia Station in Słupia Nowa, acting on the basis of the following: Article 20 of the provisions introducing the Code of Criminal Procedure, due to the necessity of preserving the traces or evidence of a crime, on the instruction of the Deputy Prosecutor, file no. ZN 4/47, from the Region of the District Court in Kielce, this dated 25 October 1948, issued on the basis of Article 20 of the provisions introducing the Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 257 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, due to the unavailability of a judge in the township, in consequence whereof any delay could result in the disappearance of traces or evidence of a crime, which traces or evidence would cease to exist before the arrival of an investigating judge, observing the formal requirements set forward in Articles 235, 240, 258 and 259 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, with the participation of reporter Kazimierz Jagieła, whom I informed of his obligation to attest to the conformity of the report with the actual course of the procedure by his own signature, have heard the person named below as a witness. The witness, advised of the criminal liability for making false declarations, this pursuant to the provisions of Article 107 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, stated as follows:

Name and surname Zygmunt Lesikiewicz
Parents’ names Sylwester and Józefa, née Grajewska
Date and place of birth 20 September 1911, Iłża, commune of Iłża, district of Iłża
Religion Roman Catholic
Occupation mining technician
Place of residence the “Staszic” coal mine
Relationship to the parties none
As regards the present case, I am aware of the following facts: This was in 1943, but I do not

remember the exact date. While working at a bore-hole near the mine, I saw a “Ukrainian” leading Jews in the direction of the barracks standing on the grounds of the laborers’ housing estate. When they approached the bore-hole, he ordered one of them to go further forward, and led the other – Wolf Blumsztajn – some two meters in front. Having passed by the hole, at a distance of some fifteen meters, he aimed his rifle and shot Blumsztajn from behind. Blumsztajn fell on the road. More or less at the same time, a German who was walking behind suddenly overtook them and ran up to the Jew who had been ordered further forward by the “Ukrainian” (I do not remember his surname), catching him on the hillock near the barracks and shooting him from behind with a small arms weapon. They were buried right where they were executed. The German who killed the Jews, a non-commissioned officer, was one Szok, while the “Ukrainian”, now deceased, was a Werkschutz; he was killed by partisans in the township of Trzcianka, where he had a wife.

At this point the report was brought to a close and read out before being signed by the witness.